Sunday, January 4, 2009

Drift off. Snap out of it! Driffffttinnng off again. Crap, wake up! And snore.


That's pretty much an accurate description of the three hour pain I endured watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. If you want to give three hours of your life away to a totally overrated and over-indulgent Brad Pitt celebration, by all means, fork up the change for this disaster.

But if I can prevent that from happening to you as it did me, you're welcome.

The movie mainly sucks because it's just too loaded with sap, cheese and corn - or more simply put...it's lame. It's unrealistic of course, but we can get over that. And as for romantic, that's fine too - when it's done well. (I'm a huge fan of Love Actually, which many might argue is completely unrealistic and sap-ridden, but I would argue is heartfelt and endearing.)

Button head is just embarrassing. OK, maybe I'm being to hard on him. It. Whatever. As the boyfriend said better than I could have articulated, after sitting through three hours of complete ridiculousness, one would hope that they are to take away some lesson about life or some theme that's captivating. If that's somewhere in this button mess, I couldn't find it.

And to top it off, I read this review and while giving it a thumbs up, the writer never talks about why it's so great other than the fact that technology has allowed the director the luxury of making Pitt look young again, despite his obvious signs of aging surely a function of Jolie and the baby bunch. Big deal. I can do that too. It's called makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment