I finally got around to seeing the Wrestler the other night and have some post-viewing summations:
1. Mickey Rourke is not human for reasons including but not limited to the following:
- Real human hair would break and fall out from that much bleach
- His face looks like a combination between a once very attractive young man and an aging lion
- His body looks like the guys from 300 but supercharged
- Even with all of these superhuman characteristics, he can still act. This cannot be a normal mortal.
2. Marissa Tomei is hot. I guess I never thought of her as such. My Cousin Vinny or that famous Seinfeld episode never convinced me. This role did.
3. Pro-wrestling must be a very sad existence if life is anything like Randy the Ram’s.
4. When you go to a deli, it really doesn’t matter if the package of potato salad you ordered comes to 0.48 lb when you ordered a half-pound. Deal with it.
5. Second-hand clothing stores are entirely overlooked as great gift spots.