Saturday, January 2, 2010

NYE and blue aliens

As a New Year's Resolution, I have decided to blog again. I stopped for...oh I dunno...forever. When was my last post? Must have been at least four months ago. Well anyhow, looking ahead rather than behind - I resolved to post at least once a week - which shouldn't be too difficult. But I am already behind since I had resolved to start on Jan. 1st. Ah well. Here I am. That's what matters, right?

How was everyone's New Year's eve? What did you all do? I'm curious. Mine was pretty low key though completely satisfying. Dan and I went to the Chowder House bar inside the Empire Hotel - which is very adorable - definitely worth a visit. The cocktails are reasonably priced and the atmosphere is great - chic but un-pretentious. The Kelly Margarita (no bias or anything) is delish as is the one with Patron silver (the name escapes me, I guess not as memorable as the former.)

Then we walked up a few blocks past Lincoln Center to see Avatar in 3D IMAX which I must say was quite the experience. While I can't say too much for the movie's plot - it's as cliche and structured as Hollywood blockbusters come - it is absolutely the must stunning visual display you will ever see at a theater...an IMAX 3D theater that is. Granted, I've never been to a 3D movie before, and it was my first IMAX experience as well. But I think it's safe to say that I couldn't have chosen a better first time flick for an IMAX 3D explosive. It is complete sensory overload and of the best kind. I felt as though I was on the Na'vi planet with the big blue creatures and I didn't really want to leave.

If for no other reason than its sheer visual sensation, you must see this movie...in 3D IMAX. If you aren't blown away by its groundbreaking visual effects, then I don't know what could possibly impress you. It's that good.

Please see it and report back to me on what you think.

There has been so much else going on in life that I simply don't know where to begin other than to recount my recent Avatar experience. Thanksgiving and Christmas have come and gone, the annual BD photo shoot is over and here we are at 2010. So forgive me for being all over the place, but this blog is to merely collect my thoughts and give redirection to this blog which I've all but lost these past few months. I look forward to having a better presence on the blogosphere in 2010.

Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment